Thursday, February 17, 2011

my father will guide me up a rope to the sky SWANS



sure. the reformed 2010 version of Swans might not be the exact same Swans from the 80's and 90's. but all expectations for "my father will guide me up a rope to the sky" were exceeded (and expectations were EXTREMELY high). this album perfectly captures exactly what Michael Gira is capable of and intends to do. whether you prefer Swans, Angels of Light or solo Michael Gira, this LP makes all his previous records seem like footnotes.

even more exciting is the fact that Swans are playing in Austin tomorrow night and I will be there. cannot wait. LP is still available from Young God Records and (most likely) your local record store. this one gets my highest recommendation. listen to it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment